Go to the Instructions and Trips page for links to upcoming classes and events! Highlights include:
- Build Your Bombproof Roll! Getting your roll so that it is reliable in flatwater is Step 1. Making sure that your roll is really going to work for you when you need it in surf or whitewater or tide races is an essential and often under-taught Step 2! These custom classes will focus on your specific situation and needs!
- Bracing Clinic, February 18th. The best roll is one that never needs to happen. This will be an intensive half day class focused on the art of staying upright!
- ACA Level 3 Coastal Kayak Skills Assessment, March 4th. A pre-requisite for those seeking ACA instructor training, and a great opportunity for those who would just like a broad of their assessment in Level 3 conditions.
- Maneuvering & Boat Control, March 17th. Can you put your boat exactly where you want it, when you want it there, regardless of the conditions? That’s the hallmark of good control! These are skills you can continue to work on throughout your paddling career, at every level.
- ACA Level 3 Coastal Kayak Instructor Development Workshop/Instructor Certification Exam, March 30-April 1st 2018. A comprehensive, informative and challenging three days of instructor development for those beginning their instructor training, or of assessment for those ready to test for certification
- BAJA KAYAK FEST!! April 13-April 19. A rough water symposium for experienced sea kayakers in the perfect Pacific playground! Come join us! http://www.bajakayakfest.com/
- Open Coast Skills (Marin Headlands), May 5. This class is for paddlers seeking to expand their horizons to the open coast or looking to refine their skills in the open coast environment!
- Navigation Clinic – 2 days, May 12-13. This 2 day course will consist of one day of classroom, and one day of applied on-water application. Learn how to get exactly where you want to go with confidence and ease!
- Tomales & Bodega Bay – Camp, Explore, Play! – 3 days. August 24-26. Launching from within Tomales Bay with camping gear and supplies sufficient to keep us comfortable and fed for 3 days, we will head out the mouth of the Bay and spend 2 nights beach-camping out of our boats and 3 days exploring and playing with all this wonderful area has to offer.
- What’s your passion? What do YOU want to work on and where do YOU want to go? Private personalized instruction, mentoring, and trip-leading is available by appointment! Contact Jennifer directly to discuss your project! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Photographs above courtesy of Mark Boyd and Liquid Fusion Kayaking.